Here are some Q & A's from the Trail of Painted Ponies! Hope it helps you with these fun Collectibles.
1. How many Original Painted Ponies are there? There are 150 Life-size Painted Ponies, 40 Masterwork Painted Ponies and more than 100 Maquette Painted Ponies.
2. How do Artists submit designs for Original Painted Ponies? Artists may email or mail their designs to The Trail of Painted Ponies offices for consideration. Artists may also submit photos of completed designs on Paint Your Own Pony Kits. Finally, artists are invited to enter all of The Trail of Painted Ponies Competitions and Contests.
1. Do all the figurines begin as original works of fine art? Yes. The Trail of Painted Ponies takes pride in all of the authentic, original artwork that is created by select artists around the country. As opposed to many collectibles that are generated solely for the collectible market, The Trail of Painted Ponies figurines and merchandise all begin as original works-of-art. The Trail of Painted Ponies figurines are meticulously crafted miniature works-of-art that were initially created as life-size Ponies, Masterworks, Maquettes or Paint Your Own Pony Kit Ponies. Many original Painted Ponies are sold through the Official Trail of Painted Ponies Website.
2. Are all the Painted Ponies pictured in The Trail of Painted Ponies books available as figurines? No. The books are not a catalog, although in the back of the books you will find a section that contains all the Painted Ponies that have been crafted as figurines at the time the book was printed. For a current list of Painted Ponies, please visit the Collector's Checklist.
3. How many figurines have been created? There have been 116 Painted Ponies figurines crafted to date along with 20 Holiday Painted Ponies, 6 Exclusive Painted Ponies, and 4 Four Seasons Collection Painted Ponies.
4. How do you decide which figurines to cast in resin and which in ceramic? When embellishments, or details are added to the design of an original Painted Pony that add dimension, the Painted Pony will be cast in resin. If the original Painted Pony is created in a simple graphic design it will usually be cast in ceramic and the design will be hand-painted or a high-resolution decal will be hand applied.
5. How often, how many, and when are new figurines announced? The Winter Herd is announced on December 1 featuring eight new Painted Pony figurines. The Summer Herd of eight new Painted Ponies, along with the Holiday Painted Ponies, is announced on June 1. For figurine announcements visit The Trail of Painted Ponies website.
6. What does the numbering on the bottom of the figurine mean? The first number on the bottom of the Painted Pony is the Edition Number. This number will have an E after it (example: 1E, 2E, 3E). The second number refers to the number of that particular Painted Pony in reference to the Edition that it was created in. This number will be between 1 and 10,000, since there are 10,000 Painted Ponies in each Edition.
7. When a new release is annonced, how long will it take to be shipped? Generally, it takes two months from the time a new herd is released to when it is shipped to retail stores and the Official Painted Ponies Store. Autographed Editions, take an additional two weeks for the artists to sign their figurines.
8. How do you decide which figurines to Retire and when are they announced? Twice a year we Retire a minimum of six Painted Ponies or as we prefer to say, We put them out to pasture. We make the announcement on January 1 and July 1. Various considerations come into play: how well that particular Painted Pony is performing in the marketplace, whether we have other Ponies with a similar design that we would like to introduce. Sometimes, we will also Retire a Painted Pony that is very popular!
9. How do I purchase a Retired Painted Pony or Autographed Figurine from a previous release? You may purchase these figurines through Treasures from the Vault (www.trailofpaintedponies.com)
10. How many Exclusive Painted Ponies have been created and where can I purchase them? There have been six Exclusive Painted Ponies created, and they are:
"Reflections of Australia," created
exclusively for the country of Australia.
11. What is the Official Autographed Edition? Painted Ponies figurines have become one of the most popular collectibles in America. Certain factors add to their collectibility and enhance their perceived value: whether the figurine is hand-signed by the artist; if the figurine is retired; and if the edition number is low. As a way of creating value and assuring collectors that the signatures on the Painted Ponies are authentic, we created the Official Autographed Edition. It consists of a limited number first edition Painted Ponies, hand-signed and hand-numbered by the artist. Each is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity that is also hand-signed and hand-numbered by the artist. These Official Autographed Editionsare available exclusively through The Trail of Painted Ponies website store, and select retailers across the country. These are the ONLY Painted Ponies that the artist both hand-signs and hand-numbers that come with Official Certificates of Authenticity, and they are all Limited Editions.
12. My Painted Pony is missing the story tag and original box. Can I get either of these replaced? We do not overprint the Story Tags, or produce extra boxes for the Painted Ponies. However, you may download the Story Tags from our Official Website. To download, please Click Here. You may also find the Story Tags in the back of The Trail of Painted Ponies Anniversary Edition Book , which may be purchased from our Official Painted Ponies Store. To purchase this book, please Click Here.
13. Are The Trail of Painted Ponies figurines lead-free? Yes, both The Trail of Painted Ponies figuirnes and the Jeweled Gift Boxes are lead-free. Our figurines are miniature works-of-art that are Hand Crafted in China. They are carefully sculpted and painted using the finest materials featuring Lead-Free paints.
1. When you Pre-Order figurines, how long will it take to ship them? Generally two-plus months. For example, if you pre-order a Painted Pony announced on December 1, it will be shipped in early February. Painted Ponies pre-ordered after the June 1 announcement are usually shipped in late August.
1. How should I display my Painted Ponies Collection?
To prevent figurines from being knocked
over by cats, dogs, children and visitors, keep them in closed
cabinets or high off the ground.
2. How can I repair
a broken figurine? Relax; it almost
certainly can be repaired. Pick up all the pieces. Protect your
hands with gloves. Wrap the larger pieces in bubble wrap or other
protectant. Never use silicone rubber to glue pieces back together.
Super glue is the recommended bonding agent. The best protection
for any collection is a good insurance policy. Most homeowners
or renters policies cover a certain amount of art and collectibles
but they usually have a $500 deductible. If you have a valuable
collection you should consider extending coverage.
4. Tips for Authenticating 1E Painted Ponies in the 1st and 2nd Releases:
The copyright date on all 1E ponies from
the first herd and second herd should be 2003.
1. What type of merchandise does The Trail of Painted Ponies craft to complement the figurines? The Trail of Painted Ponies creates a broad range of fine merchandise including: Ornaments, Jeweled Gift boxes, Clothing & Accessories, Jewelry, Puzzles, Home Decor and more.
2. How many ornaments have been created? There have been 45 Trail of Painted Ponies Ornaments crafted to date. They are announced with the Summer Herd on June 1 each year.
1. How many books has The Trail of Painted Ponies published and what are the titles? The Trail of Painted Ponies has published several Best-Selling books including: The Trail of Painted Ponies, The Trail of Painted Ponies Second Edition, The Trail of Painted Ponies Third Edition, The Trail of Painted Ponies Collectors Edition, The Trail of Painted Ponies Updated Collectors Edition, The Trail of Painted Ponies: Anniversary Edition. The Trail has also published a small inspirational book titled Ride the Sky along with the award-winning coffee-table book American ArtParades. The Trail of Painted Ponies also promotes the award-winning book Children's Prayers for America.
For your questions about this information,
please contact Betsy